Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This Is My First Post

So..uh...yeah. At first I thought that posting my thoughts like this would be a sort of conceited endeavour; I mean, who wants to read this shit? Am I an asshole for thinking someone would want to read this stuff? Then I had to think to myself "shut the fuck up and write." It just feels good. I don't care if anyone reads it, honestly. I'm doing this because keeping a longhand journal gives me cramps and I tend to think a little faster than I can write. I was listening to George Carlin's Class Clown a few days ago and, in the midst of my laughing, I started to cry hysterically. Class Clown was one of the first records I ever put on a turntable, and in the middle of his Father Rivera bit, I remembered that Carlin is dead and it just destroyed me. Is it ridiculous to let the death of someone who you've never met bother you that much? I don't know. I just know that he was a huge part of my life and the shaping of my humor and now he's gone. Life is fleeting.

No comments: