Wednesday, November 19, 2008

nowadays, the songs on the radio...

...all drive me crazy. I doubt I'll make the mistake of trying to listen to the radio again any time soon. This country's entertainment has gotten so...I mean Jesus Christ, are all of these people fucking retarded? It's not that there's no good music out there, it's just that none of it will ever make it to the radio. It doesn't stop at music, either. At least 75% of television and films (probably more, now that I think of it) have been dumbed-down to a spectacular degree. And, my God, the fucking toys nowadays. Smoking copious amounts of marijuana makes it incredibly difficult for me to watch anything but Cartoon Network, and upon watching it I've seen endless amounts of toy commercials. Does your fucking five year old really need an indesctructable DVD player?!?! For God's sake, how about interacting with him a little? Even better, employ the Robert Bacca Method and let the kid choose every second album you listen to on the road. That way, they feel involved and a little grown up, and they're much less likely to talk. Oh, and Leapfrog?!?! Fucking Leapfrog?!?! FUCK LEAPFROG!! TEACH YOUR KIDS TO READ WITH BOOKS, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! When I was a kid, Leapfrog was just this oddly sexual game you played on the playground. The radio is making the adults retarded and lazy, they buy the ridiculous toys, and the kids grown up retarded and lazy. Oh, and can we talk about the toys being made for girls?! Can we, please?! In one half-hour timeslot, I saw commercials for a playhouse with a stove, washer, dryer, and crib; the Easy-Bake Oven's demon-posessed, modernized cousin, and a fucking Barbie head that comes with hands so you can do her hair and her fucking nails. Jesus Christ, if I see one more ad for a fucking baby doll, I'm gonna crack. They sold this shit when I was a kid, and when my Auntie Mary was a kid, and when my Grandma was a kid. There have been no advances- they're still teaching little girls to be Mommies and cooks and beau-fucking-ticians. Where the hell is this country going? How close are we to Planet of the Apes? Somebody resurrect Charleton Heston.

No comments: